Brawl Between Basket and Pot




Big pot:
Hey big basket!
The cloud is heavy and pregnant
Giving me fresh water for my master’s use
Where are you keeping yours?

Big Basket:
What do you mean?
I have many roles to play
You should know.
Big Pot:
Know what?

Big Basket:
That I’m not to hold water
But to serve the master in my purpose.
Making him happy in my duties
At the exact time that he wants me to work.

Big Pot:
Ah Ah Ah Ah!
Look at him, Porous servant
What exactly is your duty?
Can you hold water as I always do?
Can’t you just quit life and die?

Big Basket:
Look at you
You are so pompous in your ignorance
As of me:
My usefulness is in my strength,
Not in my weakness

Big Pot:
I am waiting
Still waiting to see what you can do
If indeed you are useful
You this useless servant
And purposeless foe.

Big Basket:
My time is in the harvest period
When I will be carrying harvest from the farm
Never get too much excitement
Because you’ll cook the harvest I bring from the farm
And you’ll get fired.

I mean fire.



Seye Joseph

Comments